Effective Date: 07 March 2017
Atkinson+CO (“We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- 40 Deronda Road
- SE24 9BG
- 07747 074860
- +44 7747 074860 from outside the UK
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect and process the following data items related to you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.atkinsonandco.onpressidium.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Atkinson+CO may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please opt-out as directed below.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
You will provide us information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices when you make a purchase via our site or register for email newsletters and alerts.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. If you use our “Email this page” feature to send a copy of that page to someone else, your email address will appear as the sender of the email. Both your email address and the recipient’s email address will not be used for any other purpose.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Atkinson+CO or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
If you do not wish to receive any promotional or marketing e-mails and/or surface mail marketing letters, you may opt-out of receiving those communications by using the “Unsubscribe” mechanism on the Newsletter, or by sending an e-mail with the subject line “Unsubscribe” to our e-mail address – see above.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
We use third parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing credit card payments. In connection with these business operations, our partners and other third parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
Secure Information Transmissions
Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us by email. Some of the information you may enter on our Web site may be transmitted securely via Secure Sockets Layer SSL, 256 bit encryption services. Pages utilizing this technology will have URL’s that start with HTTPS instead of HTTP. Please contact us on 07747 074860 (+44 7747 074860 Outside UK) if you have any questions or concerns.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Cookies: Information and Policy
Atkinson+CO will never disclose your personal details to any third parties. All data passed by cookies is anonymous and will never contain your name, address, telephone number, email address, IP address or payment details.
You can learn more about cookies, how we use them, how to manage them and about our third party partnerships below.
What is a cookie?
Cookies are small text files that are created by your browser and placed on your computer or browsing device, at the request of websites that you visit. Cookies allow websites to recognise your computer or web browser. They can help to analyse which products or parts of a website you looked at, and how long for.
Websites may also use web beacons or ‘tags’ to do a similar job. Like cookies, web beacons are used to collect non-personal information about the way you browse websites. An example of this could be remembering what products you placed in your shopping basket last time you visited.
A web beacon is a transparent graphic image that is placed on a website or in an email and is used to see when that web page or email has been displayed.
Third party cookies and web beacons can also be used to help present you with appropriate offers and advertising as you browse other sites on the internet.
- Cookies and web beacons are not able to retrieve any information from your computer that you have not already given to a website.
- Cookies and web beacons are not able to be used to put malware or viruses on your computer.
- Cookies and web beacons are not able to be used to control the functionality or settings of your computer or web browsing device.
Cookies allow us to present you with relevant products and services that are based on the way that you want to use our website, providing you with an enhanced browsing and shopping experience.
For example, cookies allow us to remember what products you placed in your shopping basket, whether you were logged in or not, and what language you were using to read the site last time you visited.
Cookies and web beacons allow us to work alongside our web analytics partner to see how our customers like to use our websites and which pages or special functions they prefer. This helps us to continually improve our service.
Third party cookies and web beacons are also used with our marketing partners to present you with appropriate offers and advertising as you browse other sites on the internet, based on the products you looked at while on our site.
- Atkinson+CO’s cookies and those of our third party partners will never be used to collect any personal data. This includes your name, address, telephone number, email address, credit card information or any other payment details.
Turning off and deleting cookies
Most web browsers will provide the option to disallow cookies and web beacons. How you do this depends on the web browser you’re using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser’s ‘Help’ menu.
Cookies can also be deleted using your internet browser. However, unless they are disallowed they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
- In common with most other transactional websites, refusing cookies via your web browser will mean that you are unable to make a transactional purchase on Atkinson+CO’s websites. You will also find that the functionality of many other websites and services will be affected.
Disallowing cookies will prevent web beacons from tracking your specific activity online. However, web beacons may still record anonymous data from your IP address.
For more detailed information about cookies and web beacons please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
There are two types of cookie that may be used during your visit to Atkinson+CO’s website:
- Session cookies
Session cookies are deleted after each ‘session’. For example, when you are browsing Atkinson+CO’s website, it will remember you for the duration of your visit, but the cookie will be removed from your computer as soon as you close down your internet browser.
Without a session cookie, every time you open a new web page the web server where that page is stored will treat you like a completely new visitor and items placed in your shopping basket will disappear by the time you reach the checkout.
- Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies remember you for a set period of time (unless you delete them).
On your first visit to Atkinson+CO’s site, you will be presented the site in a default manner. Over time, the version of the site you see may change, as persistent cookies remember items you have viewed, preference changes you have made, or whether you logged into or out of your account while browsing.
Here is a list of the different types of cookies used by Atkinson+CO:
|Cookie purpose||Cookie type||Summary|
|Transaction||Session cookie||Used to maintain your transaction with Atkinson+CO and minimise the need to transfer your information across the internet.|
|Navigation||Last viewed product||Used to help you return to the last viewed product, for instance after adding an item to the cart.|
Places a cookie on the computers of visitors to help us better understand browsing and send more tailored and relevant communications.
MSN / Bing